Monday, July 28, 2014

Class Rules

Class Rules
Discipline Plan Parents, please review this with your child. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you for your support.
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated. 
2. Treat school and personal property with care. 
3. Listen carefully and follow directions.

I use a 3 color stoplight system.
-Green - verbal warning or 3 count
-Yellow - Time out, running laps, note home, call home
-Red - call home, possible chat with the principal
We use Talk it Out to solve our problems.

Rewards : A classroom that is having fun learning.
A happy teacher Happy students
Verbal praise Extra free time
Super Surfer note ** Pogs or play money **
**They purchase a variety of items that I buy or are donated by parents

To use talk it out -
Child 1- "Please stop ____, I don't like it when you ___________."
Child 2 - "I'm sorry. I won't ever _______ again " or "Oops, sorry."
Then they may shake hands and say "Let's be friends."

I encourage them to say the first part loudly to solve it on their own. This also allows me to hear the problem and if they say it again then I talk to the offender if needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment