Monday, July 28, 2014

Class Information




Class Information
Scroll down to read about -
Special Days
Lunch
Snacks
Allergies
Homework
Labeling
Change in going home
Rules and consequences
Talk it Out
Birthdays
Volunteers
Classroom Rules




Activities
8:20 - 1:18
Music –
Computer Lab -
Library -


Our lunch time is 11:30 - 12:15, we start the process at 11:15. You can set up a lunch account with the school. Your child will be given a lunch number, written on a card for his/her convenience. Every day your child purchases lunch, money will be withdrawn from his/her account. When he/she is out of money, the cafeteria will send home reminders to send more money. Lunch calendars are handed out once a month. 
 
Snacks 
Please label and pack the snack in another bag
(these may be reused) and show your child what they will be having for snack.

There will be 20 minutes set aside daily for snack/recess.. If you would like to send your child to school with a water bottle, that will be fine. Make sure your child's name is on it. They will be allowed to get their water bottles any time when I am not in the middle of a lesson. If they are using their water bottles in any way that is inappropriate school behavior, I will be sending a note home and your child will not be allowed to have a water bottle at school.

 Allergies
If your child has any allergies, please let the office and me   know as soon as possible.


I send home a homework folder every Monday and it is expected to be returned every Friday in their bag. The homework follows the "letter of the week." The children should be able to do the homework independently, but they may need some guidance. It should be done in 10 - 15 minutes max. Please see me if it needs to be modified.

Please, No Backpacks-
We will be using recyclable shopping bags not backpacks in kindergarten. These may be decorated as long as I can read their names.:o)



Label Everything
Please write your child's last name on everything that comes to school - lunch money, school supplies, lunch boxes, jackets, etc. Things can get very easily misplaced.

   Birthdays
Every child will get to celebrate his/her birthday or ½  birthday in school. They are the queen or king for the day. You may also purchase a birthday book for the library. Write their name, year, and sentiment in the front cover.
Margaret Hillerts  books are perfect and can be found at Amazon! (click on Amazon to go to the site)


Parent Volunteers
I love parent volunteers. If you can spare an hour or so out of your day to help out in your child's classroom, that would be wonderful. I usually assign each volunteer a special day and time to come in once a week. I will send home a sign up sheet during the first month of school. Please do not sign up unless you are available on a regular basis. During holidays and special occasions, I may ask for additional help. If your schedule does not permit you to help out on a regular basis, you may offer to help out for special occasions. I will start parent volunteers after a couple of weeks at school. I would like the children to get accustomed to the school environment before I begin to ask parents to come in.

Class Rules
Discipline Plan Parents, please review this with your child. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you for your support.
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
2. Treat school and personal property with care.
3. Listen carefully and follow directions.

I use a card system.

- Star burst design - Great day
-Green - verbal warning or 3 count
-Yellow - Time out, running laps, note home, call home
-Red - call home, possible chat with the principal
We use Talk it Out to solve our problems.

Rewards :
A classroom that is having fun learning.
A happy teacher Happy students
Verbal praise Extra free time
Super Surfer note ** Pogs or play money **
**They purchase a variety of items that I buy or are donated by parents

To use talk it out -
Child 1- "Please stop ____, I don't like it when you ___________."
Child 2 - "I'm sorry. I won't ever _______ again " or "Oops, sorry."
Then they may shake hands and say "Let's be friends."

I encourage them to say the first part loudly to solve it on their own. This also allows me to hear the problem and if they say it again then I talk to the offender if needed.


I also encourage them to just walk away.


No comments:

Post a Comment